- Dispute Resolution
- Commercial fraud / debt recovery
2021 Hong Kong
English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Janice is an associate at bowers.law. She has been involved in a wide variety of cases including those in insolvency & restructuring, commercial fraud / debt recovery, dispute resolution, and employment. Prior to joining bowers.law, Janice practiced as a junior barrister for two years with a focus on commercial and civil litigation. She has had experience appearing before judges and masters in various civil matters both leading up to and during trials.
My priority as a lawyer is help our clients at bowers.law to succeed in their goals by navigating with them through their most complex legal challenges and helping them create opportunity where others see barriers. I aim to create a better future for our clients and the communities which we live and work in.
Experience and Key Cases
- Assisted in advising a Hong Kong company in its defence of an unfair preference and undervalue transaction claim. Successfully advised and applied for two validation orders on behalf of the company to allow it to pay its unpaid debts.
- Assisted a high net worth individual in various High Court proceedings which included a claim of breach of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of confidential information and an unfair prejudice petition.
- Assisted in advising various private companies on different aspects of litigation including pre-commencement considerations, merits of claims, litigation tactics and enforcement proceedings.
- Assisted in advising individuals and businesses who were victims of fraudulent schemes to recover their funds through garnishee proceedings.
- Assisted numerous businesses and individuals in obtaining Mareva Injunction (freezing) Orders and Norwich Pharmacal Disclosure Orders in fraud cases.
- Assisted in successfully resisting various applications to set aside default judgment.
- Assisted in advising a multinational corporation on its contentious restructuring of a well-known hotel in Hong Kong.
2013 PCLL, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2011, LPC, The University of Law (London)
2007 – 2010 LLB (Hons), University of Warwick
2021 Present Associate, Bowers
2019 – 2021 Trainee Solicitor, Tanner De Witt (Hong Kong)
2017 – 2019 Barrister, Tower Chambers