English + Cantonese
Ricky has graduated with a Juris Doctor with honours in 2015 and obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws in 2016, both from the City University of Hong Kong. He joined the firm as a Trainee Solicitor in January 2021. Prior to his legal career, he has worked in various investment banks and insurance companies in Hong Kong for nearly a decade following graduation with a Bachelor of Business Administration obtained from York University’s Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada.
My former career has equipped me with a versatile skill-set and business orientated mindset in devising effective, innovative and practical legal solutions that supports the firm’s clients’ bottom-line. I tailor legal advice in a clear, easily understood and straightforward way knowing our firm’s clients’ interests and businesses move too rapidly to be slowed down by inefficient and opaque billing methods and non-value added work. The firm’s fixed and stage fee structure allows for more communication in understanding its clients’ issues so that the firm can become part of the solution.
- 2021 – Present – Trainee Solicitor, Bowers
- 2019 – 2020 – Paralegal, Howse Williams, and JML Law Firm
- 2019 – 2019 – Regional Compliance Manager, The Bank of Nova Scotia,
- 2016 – 2019 – Business Manager, BNP Paribas Global Markets
- 2012 – 2015 – Business Analyst, AXA, and AIA
- 2010 – 2011 – Credit Analyst, CLSA
- 2006 – 2009 – Assistant Finance Manager, HSBC
- 2005 – 2006 – Accountant, BioSyent Inc