2019 City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
2016 University of Edinburgh, LLB
English, Cantonese + Mandarin
Sophia is a tri-lingual second year trainee at bowers.law. She has worked in equity capital markets, investment management and on a variety of general commercial transactions prior to joining the firm.
Sophia was a reporter at IFLR covering mainly the most prominent energy, projects, corporate and finance deals in the Southeast Asia region.
Sophia enjoys playing squash and participating in outdoor activities on her free time.
Capital markets was the starting point of my legal career, which has trained me to work with a collaborative attitude and to be focused on achieving a common goal with different parties in a deal. It is novel legal and commercial ideas that appeal me. I have a strong interest in understanding business operations and am naturally comfortable with financial mechanics. As a second-year trainee at bowers.law where the support, expertise and availability of senior members of the team is readily offered and available, I am ready to learn and grow fast to pull my weight and take on increasing responsibility in different practice areas.
- 2020 – Present – Trainee Solicitor, Bowers
- 2019 – 2020 – Trainee Solicitor, GPS McQuhae LLP
- 2019 – Mini-pupil, Chambers of Ronny Wong SC
- 2018 – Corporate Paralegal, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates
- 2018 – Corporate Paralegal, Dorsey and Whitney
- 2016 – 2018 – Reporter, IFLR (International Financial Law Review)
- 2016 – Intern, Ince & Co (London)